In CORE Subjects each subject area on the exams is now a separate test which must be passed.
Once all subject area tests are passed the entire exam is considered successfully completed.
- The new exam is now called CORE Subjects. It will be a Computer Administered Test (CAT).
- Students taking a CORE Subjects exam for the first time will sit for all five subject-area tests.
- Students are required to retake only the subject-area test that they fail. Initial CORE Subjects exam is $120. Any subject-area test taken after is $60 per test.
- The tests are timed independently. Time is not combined or carried from one test to the next.
- Subject area tests can be re-taken 45 days after the initial exam. Students only re-take exams they previously failed.
Dates for both EC-6 and 4-8 exams:
- Winter 2015 - CORE Subjects is first offered
- Summer 2015 - Last administration of Generalist exams
- August 31, 2017 - Last date to finish certification requirements for the Generalist
- October 30, 2017 - Last date to apply and recommend for the Generalist